Construction for the pickleball expansion is underway. The parking lot on the side of the Parks and Recreation/Substation building will be closed for approximately 3 months. There is ample parking on 4th Avenue and new parallel parking along Main for staff and visitors. Please contact Knightdale Parks, Recreation and Cultural Programs if you have any questions!
Named in honor of Knightdale’s longest serving mayor, Eugene Harper, Harper Park is a great place to let the kids get outside and play.
This four-acre neighborhood park features the Knightdale Police substation, a children’s playground, restrooms, four tennis courts, two pickleball courts, covered and uncovered picnic shelters, and more than two acres of shaded woods and lawns perfect for a relaxing afternoon.
207 Main St. Knightdale NC, 27545
The courts are open to the public sunrise to 10:00 p.m. Court restrooms and vending machines (seasonal) will be accessible 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lights are accessible every night at 5:00 p.m. Push the large button on the indicator poll to turn on the court lights. A warning light at the top of the indicator poll will come on when lights are programming off. The warning light will give you time to reset the button. Lights will not be available after 10:00 p.m.
The tennis and pickleball courts are ran on a first-come first-serve basis. The tennis courts are only reserved for Town of Knightdale athletic and youth programs.
- Tennis shoes only, no other shoes allowed.
- No skateboards, bikes, or skates allowed.
- No food or glass containers allowed on the courts.
- No animals allowed on the courts.
- No motorized or non-motorized vehicles allowed.
- If others are waiting please limit play to (1) game to 11 points or 30 minutes whichever comes first. If more than eight players are in attendance a rotation system should be established to maximize play.
- If there is an emergency call 911.
- Non-emergency police assistance 919-217-2261.
- Parks and Recreation office 919-217-2232 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
Please click the link to be directed to the USAPA Pickleball website for basic rules.
Parking is available at the main entrance adjacent to the playground on Main Street or beside the tennis courts along Fourth Avenue.