The Town of Knightdale contracts with Wake County's Inspections Department to complete all building and trade inspections. The Town of Knightdale completes all zoning-related inspections and will issue both temporary and final Certificates of Occupancy.
Both Wake County PDI and Town of Knightdale complete next business day inspections.
Town of Knightdale inspections are scheduled via the Wake County Permit Portal.
- Setback Inspection: The first inspection called in for a building permit to ensure the structure is located correctly on the lot. The setback inspection must be completed prior to a footing inspection being scheduled.
- Driveway/Sidewalk Inspection: This inspection is called in after the forms have been set, but before any concrete is poured.
- Certificate of Occupancy (CO) or Zoning Final Inspection: The final inspection made by the Town to ensure that all zoning issues have been addressed prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy (or Completion). This inspection is different than the Building Final, which is performed by Wake County.
- Perimeter Erosion Controls: Initial Sedimentation and Erosion Control inspection to ensure all required erosion control measures are present.
- Final Site Stabilization: Last Sedimentation and Erosion Control inspection to ensure site is stabilized and site is free of erosion or drainage issues. This inspection must take place before a CO will be issued.
All building, plumbing, electrical, and mechanical inspections are completed by the Wake County Department of Planning, Development, and Inspections on behalf of the Town. Please utilize the Permit Portal to schedule any building or trade inspections.
Use the Wake County's Inspector Map to find the assigned building/trade inspector’s name and phone number.
Check out Wake County's information on Required Inspections.