The Land Use Review Board (LURB) serves as the Town's Planning Board per North Carolina General Statute 160A-361. Additional roles and responsibilities for this Board are as follows:
- Serve as the Community Appearance Commission.
- Serve as the Tree Board.
- All newly appointed members must attend and complete the Town’s Citizen Planning Academy or its training equivalent.
- Members serve two-year, staggered terms and no more than three consecutive full terms.
- The Board consists of five, In-Town Members and two Extra-Territorial Planning Jurisdiction (ETJ) members. Moving out of the area constitutes a resignation from the Board.
- Additional information can be found in Chapter 12 of the Town’s Unified Development Ordinance (UDO).
- LURB meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m at Town Hall.
- LURB may also meet on the third Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at Town Hall if a Joint Public Hearing with the Town Council is scheduled.
Please follow these simple steps to apply for a Citizen Advisory Board.
1. Review the Citizen Advisory Board Code of Ethics.
3. Complete the application below.