Named in honor of Knightdale’s longest serving mayor, Eugene Harper, Harper Park is a great place to let the kids get outside and play.
This four-acre neighborhood park features the Knightdale Police substation, restrooms, four tennis courts, four pickleball courts, covered picnic shelters, and an inclusive playground.
207 Main St. Knightdale NC, 27545
The courts are open to the public sunrise to 10:00 p.m. Court restrooms and vending machines (seasonal) will be accessible 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lights are accessible every night at 5:00 p.m. Push the large button on the indicator poll to turn on the court lights. A warning light at the top of the indicator poll will come on when lights are programming off. The warning light will give you time to reset the button. Lights will not be available after 10:00 p.m.
The tennis and pickleball courts are ran on a first-come first-serve basis. The courts are only reserved for Town of Knightdale athletic and youth programs.
- Tennis shoes only, no other shoes allowed.
- Only racket related sports allowed on courts
- No skateboards, bikes, or skates, motorized or non-motorized vehicles allowed on courts.
- No food or glass containers allowed on the courts.
- No animals allowed on the courts.
- Pets must be leashed and secured at all times
- No open fires (firepits, personal grills, etc...)
- No tents
- No hanging, pulling, leaning, or jumping on or over nets or fence
- No amplified music
- No alcohol
- No offensive language
- If others are waiting please limit play to (1) game to 11 points or 30 minutes whichever comes first. If more than eight players are in attendance a rotation system should be established to maximize play by placing paddles in the rack. At the conclusion of each game, all players should exit the court and the next four players waiting will enter the court.
- If there is an emergency call 911.
- Non-emergency police assistance 919-217-2261.
- Parks and Recreation office 919-217-2232 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
Please click the link to be directed to the USAPA Pickleball website for basic rules.
Parking is available at the main entrance adjacent to the playground on Main Street or beside the tennis courts along Fourth Avenue.