Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Town Hall is open from 8:00AM until 5:00PM, Monday through Friday, except on holidays observed by the Town. For additional information, please call (919) 217-2212.

Cash, checks, money orders, and credit cards are accepted for payments due to the Town of Knightdale. These payments are typically for citations, licenses, registration for Parks & Recreation programs, nuisance abatement charges, zoning fees, and inspection fees.

City of Raleigh utility bills may be paid at Town Hall or at any other location that accepts the City of Raleigh payments. Customers may also pay online or over the phone with a credit card by calling 888-905-3169. Please contact the City of Raleigh at (919) 996-3245 for additional payment locations.

As a payment center for Wake County, the Town accepts only cash or checks for tax bills. Customers may also pay online or by phone with a Visa or MasterCard. Please contact the Wake County Department of Tax Administration at (919) 856-5400 for additional payment options.

There are several locations within minutes of Knightdale that provide DMV services, including Raleigh, Wendell and Zebulon.

Drivers License Services

  • 2431 Spring Forest Road, Unit 101, Raleigh (map, directions). (919) 855-6877
    (Open 7:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
  • 2851 Wendell Blvd., Wendell (map, directions). (919) 365-9516 
    (Open 7:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)

License Plates

  • 4121 New Bern Ave. Suite 151, Raleigh (map, directions). (919) 855-6877
    (Open 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)
  • 520 W Gannon Ave., Zebulon (map,directions). (919) 404-8008
    (Open 9:00AM-5:00PM, Monday-Friday)

For more information about DMV services, visit

The NC General Assembly no longer gives authority for local governments to levy a privilege license tax on businesses, so businesses operating within Knightdale are no longer required to renew or obtain a privilege license. The new law took effect July 1st, 2015 after lawmakers passed S.L. 2014-3/House Bill 1050.

The NC Department of Commerce has details on state licenses, permits and regulatory requirements (North Carolina has no single business license covering all requirements).

The Wake County Department of Tax Administration appraises real estate and personal property within the county, as well as generating and collecting the tax bills. In addition to property tax, the department oversees the billing and collection of the Prepared Food & Beverage Tax, Rental Vehicle Tax, Room Occupancy Tax, Special Assessments, and various licensing and permits. Information on the department’s listing and appraisal methods, tax relief and deferment programs, exempt property and procedures for appeals may be found at