Knightdale Veterans Memorial
You can find a list of the memorialized Veterans on our Knightdale Veterans Memorial Recognition page
The Knightdale Veterans Memorial was dedicated on Veterans Day, Sunday, November 11th, 2018. Located in the heart of Knightdale Station Park at 810 North First Avenue, the Veterans Memorial is home to both the Knightdale Blue Star and Gold Star Memorials, honoring the brave men and women who served and died for our Country.
This Memorial would not be possible without the support of the Knightdale Two Green Thumbs Garden Club. They graciously agreed to relocate the Blue Star Memorial from the corner of Main Street and First Avenue to its new home at the Knightdale Veterans Memorial. The Two Green Thumbs Garden Club were instrumental in receiving Gold Star Status for the Veterans Memorial. Knightdale has the first Veterans Memorial bearing both Gold Star and Blue Star status in North Carolina.
The Town posthumously honors Knightdale Veterans by having their names engraved into the memorial. If you would like to have a Veteran memorialized at the Knightdale Veterans Memorial, please submit your application linked at the bottom of this page.
- The Veteran must have resided in the greater Knightdale area for a significant portion of their life or made significant contributions to Knightdale during their lifetime.
- The Veteran must have been honorably separated or discharged from service.
A copy of the veteran’s DD214 Form, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty must be provided for verification. For assistance obtaining a DD214 Form, contact the National Archives: https://www.archives.gov/ or 1-866-272-6272
- Deceased Veterans of all branches of service are eligible to be recognized.
- Veterans that were Killed in Action shall have their names written in Gold in accordance with the Gold Star Memorial requirements.
- Request for placement of names must be made by application to a designated committee of the Town and shall be approved if it meets the noted criteria.
- The Town shall be responsible for arranging for new engravings, which should occur no more than once per year.
The Knightdale Veterans Memorial Advisory Board is a standing board, appointed annually by the Town Council.
The purpose of the Board is to identify and verify candidates for recognition on the memorial. The Board will meet periodically throughout the year to coordinate application distribution and to review submissions. The Board will make recommendations to the Town Council for review and final consideration of approval for permanent inscription on the Knightdale Veterans Memorial.
Annual Recognition Ceremony
The Town of Knightdale will unveil the inscribed veterans annually on Memorial Day. The Memorial Day Ceremony will be held in cooperation with the Two Green Thumbs Garden Club.
To apply, please fill out the Knightdale Veterans Memorial Recognition Application.