Grand Opening! Knightdale Station Park Splash Pad-Friday, July 19th 11:00 AM
The Town of Knightdale is excited to celebrate the opening of our new Splash Pad! This splash pad is a wonderful addition to Knightdale Station Park, which continues to expand recreational and leisure opportunities for our residents and visitors alike.
Our Splash Pad is 2,000 square feet of family-oriented fun that is accessible for all visitors. This uniquely designed amenity has 20 sprayers for all ages. You will see a steam engine water tower behind me that highlights Knightdale’s roots as a railroad town.There is an additional 1,500 square foot deck with shade features to help keep you cool during those hot, summer days.
Knightdale Station Park opened in September of 2013 with a playground, multi-purpose fields, and the Wilder Pavilions. This park is 73 acres of exceptional facilities and amenities. Over the past year, Knightdale Station Park has continued to expand with the addition of a stage and amphitheater and a Veterans Memorial. On Veterans Day 2018, we dedicated the Knightdale Veterans Memorial Plaza. Our memorial is North Carolina’s only recognized memorial with both Gold Star and Blue Star status. The Knightdale Veterans Memorial is a permanent reminder of the tremendous sacrifices of our Veterans and their families.
Our new stage and amphitheater will host movies, bands, and performing arts throughout the year. This beautiful addition allows Knightdale to offer quality entertainment previously unavailable in town.
Knightdale is the fastest growing community in Wake County, and one of the top 10 fastest growing communities in North Carolina. Our Town continues to receive many regional and national accolades, most notably:
- One of the top 100 places to live in the United States, and
- One of the top 20 safest communities in North Carolina.
With our commitment to expanding the quality of life for our citizens, it’s no wonder we are so popular!
Our Parks & Recreation Department is proud to now offer over 20 major community events each year.
- In September, we have the Arts and Education Festival which celebrates the benefits of education and positive contributions of the arts.
- In October, we will celebrate Halloween with our Trunk-or-Treat event.
- In November, we will celebrate Thanksgiving with the annual Turkey-Leg-5K Road Race.
- Finally, in December, our citizens will gather for Christmas on First Avenue.
The Splash Pad at Knightdale Station Park would not have been possible without the assistance of many partners.
- Thank you to Jackson Builders for your work on this great addition.
- Thank you to Wake County and the John Rex Foundation for providing grant assistance.
- Thank you Wake County Facilities, and Wake County Housing Affordability and Community Revitalization for providing project design and oversight.
- Thank you to our own Development Services and Public Works Departments, who worked tirelessly to make sure this project was completed smoothly.
Please know that without these stakeholders, this project would not have been realized.
In closing, in 2019 at Knightdale Station Park, visitors can now:
- Attend a show at the amphitheater,
- Attend a community event at the pavilions,
- Reflect on the sacrifices of our Veterans,
- Play on the recreational fields and playground,
- Enjoy our greenways,
- And now, cool off in our brand new splash pad!
Our Town is rightfully, recognized as one of the best places to live, work, and play in North Carolina. Knightdale has a bright future!