Yard Waste / Leaf Pickup
|Loose-leaf pickup runs late October through February.||Yard waste is picked up year-round, even during the loose-leaf season.|
|Pile your leaves at the curb by 7:30 AM on your first scheduled day, and follow all loose-leaf pickup rules below.||Have your CLEAR or compostable paper bagged yard waste or container at the curb by 7:30 AM on Monday. It will be picked up by Friday, each week.|
|Your leaves will be vacuumed up before your next scheduled pick-up day.||You may use clear leaf bags for your yard waste, compostable paper bags or you may use a container available at your local hardware store. Full containers cannot exceed 70 lbs. in weight.|
Loose-Leaf Pick Up Rules:
- All loose leaves must be ready for pickup by 7:30 AM on your first scheduled day:
- Leaves must be raked loose to the back of the curb or edge of the yard.
- Loose leaves must be piled within 6 feet of the edge of the pavement to ensure accessibility for our equipment. Please do not pile leaves in the street or gutter.
- Grass clippings, small branches and trimmings may also be placed loose at the curb and will be collected by the Vacuum Trucks.
- For the safety of our crews and equipment please ensure there are no rocks, or other debris mixed in with leaf litter.
- If you use bags for your leaves, please ensure they are clear bags or paper compostable bags. We will not pick up anything but clear bags to ensure the safety of our staff.
- Historically, the Planters Walk neighborhood produces a majority of the leaves collected throughout Town due to their large number of mature trees. For that reason, Planters Walk's leaves will be collected beginning on a separate week. This schedule will ensure every resident in Knightdale will have a leaf truck by their home five times throughout the season.
Please have your loose leaves out by the curb by 7:30 AM on your pickup day.
All other Knightdale Neighborhoods
|October 21st||October 28th|
|December 2nd||December 9th|
|December 23rd||December 30th|
|January 13th||January 20th|
Yard Waste Pick Up Rules:
The Knightdale Public Works Department
- Please have all organic waste to the curb by 7:30 am on Monday. The amount of debris to be collected affects our workflow, so we cannot predict which day we will reach your home; however, every street is serviced once a week.
- Except during Loose-Leaf Pickup season, all yard waste (grass, leaves, small debris) must be placed in a clear plastic bag, brown paper compostable bag or a plastic container. Bags that are over 30 lbs. or too heavy to be picked up without breaking will not be collected.
- Residents may also purchase rolling plastic containers such as the one pictured below, from a local hardware store and place yard waste in these. This will reduce the amount of plastic bags entering the waste stream. Please ensure plastic containers weigh no more than 70lbs when full and are not overflowing. DO NOT put anything other than organic yard waste out for pickup.
- Due to safety concerns and following policy set by Wake County and City of Raleigh Solid Waste Collection we can only collect yard waste in clear bags, compostable paper bags, or plastic container bins. You can find the bins at your local hardware store. Please make sure your bin has a completely removable top, not a hinged top.
Knuckle Boom Truck - Large Debris:
For residents convenience, the Town operates a knuckle boom claw truck for large debris pick up. Only large piles of brush, limbs, or trunks can be effectively picked up, please use the hard plastic containers noted above for small loose piles of organic waste.
- Limbs must be no longer than 8 feet. They should be placed in neat piles behind the curb. They should not have a diameter greater than 8".
- No Tree stumps.
- Contractor waste is not accepted. Your Contractor should make arrangements to haul waste offsite.
- Please keep items away from traffic and utility poles, boxes, etc. The Town cannot collect yard waste which is around or near obstacles, using the knuckle boom truck.
- In some cases, we may be chipping up the debris on the spot. Please DO NOT place any foreign debris or trash in yard waste piles.