The Public Works Department operates and maintains existing public infrastructure, plans and constructs capital improvements, protects public health and safety and natural resources, and promotes community values.
YARD WASTE PICKUP:
Knightdale crews are happy to collect yard waste at the curb. Please take the following steps to ensure that your items are collected quickly:
- All yard waste shall be placed behind the curb for collection by Zone, starting at Zone 1 on Monday at 7am. Collection is not guaranteed for anything placed at the curb after this time.
- The amount of debris to be collected affects our workflow, so we cannot predict which day we will reach your home; however, every street is serviced once a week.
- EXCEPT DURING Leaf Pickup SEASON, all loose yard waste (grass, leaves, small debris) must be placed in clear plastic bags. Bags that are too heavy to be picked up without breaking will not be collected. Due to safety concerns and following policy set by Wake County and City of Raleigh Solid Waste Collection we can no longer accept yard waste in black bags. Thank you for your cooperation. The Town will accept paper bags as these can be mulched.
- Limbs must be no longer than 8 feet and no wider than six inches. They should placed in neat piles behind the curb.
- Tree stumps must be no wider than three feet.
- Please keep items away from traffic and utility poles, boxes, etc. The Town cannot attempt to collect waste which is around or near parked cars using the knuckleboom truck.
- Yard waste collection runs February through October 26th. Leaf Pickup collection runs October 29th through February 1st.
- In some cases, we may be chipping up the debris on the spot, so please remove any foreign debris or trash.
Knightdale Yard Waste and Leaf Pickup Days By Zone
Click OK on the map below and enter your address to find out your Zone:
Please have your yard waste and leaves by the curb by:
BLUE ZONE/ZONE 1 - Monday Morning at 7:00 AM
ORANGE ZONE/ZONE 2 - Tuesday Morning at 7:00 AM
GREEN ZONE/ZONE 3 - Wednesday Morning at 7:00 AM
Public Works Director