Trade permits provide for the permitting and inspection of projects with single and multiple trades when a building permit is not required. Trade permits may be issued for electrical, plumbing, HVAC, or refrigeration work, any combination of the those trades, or for all four trades.
Trade Permits are submitted online via the Wake County Permit Portal. The Town of Knightdale uses Wake County's Portal to process permits; however, all trade permits are reviewed, invoiced, and issued by Town of Knightdale Development Services staff.
Trade Permit Process
- Submit an application in the Wake County Permit Portal
- Permit will be processed and reviewed by Knightdale staff
- Fees will be invoiced, which are paid via the Permit Portal
- Permit will be issued, and all applicable plans or permit cards will be available in the "Attachments" section of the Permit Portal
- Schedule all required inspections via the Permit Portal
Need Help with the Portal?
You will first need to set up an account using an email address and password. After verifying your email address, you will be able to submit an application, obtain status updates, pay permit fees, and schedule inspections through the portal system.
If you need additional help, check out these User Guides and Tutorials.
Permit fees can be paid via the Permit Portal. We cannot accept credit card payments in-person or via the telephone.