Building Permits

Most building permits can now be submitted online via the Permit Portal.  You will first need to set up an account using an email address and password. After verifying your email address, you will be able to submit an application, obtain plan review comments, status updates, pay permit fees, and schedule inspections through the portal system.

Please note there is a $1,500 limit for all online transactions (credit card and electronic check). If permit fees exceed this limit, they will need to be paid in full at Town Hall via cash or check (payable to Wake County). At this time, we cannot accept in-person credit card payments.

Please contact Knightdale Development Services staff if you prefer to submit paper plans in person at Town Hall or if you need to submit a large commercial permit.  


If you have questions about building permits or where to start, check out this information sheet, visit Wake County's website, or give us a call. 

Additional Information:



Aquila Blackwell
Planning Technician