The Knightdale Development Services Department is your one-stop shop for the entire permitting process: drop-off, pick-up, and payment is handled in our office. The Town contracts with Wake County to provide plan review and building inspection services, but all permits are submitted directly to the Knightdale Development Services Department.
To submit a trade permit application, either send it by fax to (919) 217-2249 or email it directly to Aquila Blackwell for processing. Once processed, we will call you to receive credit card payment via the telephone.
Please note that the Knightdale inspections line is (919) 217-2246. Knightdale conducts driveway, sidewalk, zoning/setback, and Certificate of Occupancy inspections; all other inspections are handled by Wake County. Their inspection line number is (919) 856-6060.
Building Inspection Forms & Information:
- Building Permit Application-Residential (PDF)
- Building Permit Application-Commercial (PDF)
- Building Permit Application-Manufactured Home (PDF)
- Mechanical (Trade) Permit Application (PDF)
- Contractor Add/Change Form (PDF)
- Lien Agent Information Form (PDF)
- Workers Compensation Affidavit (PDF)
- Building Permit Fees (PDF)
- Benefits of Building Permits (PDF)
- Building Codes: How They Help You (PDF)
- Building Technology: Then and Now (PDF)
- Pool, Spa and Hot Tub Safety (PDF)