Fire Service Advisory Board
Fire Service Advisory Board (FSAB) serves in an advisory capacity to the Town Council to ensure that adequate personnel, revenue, and equipment are dedicated to the protection of life and property for the Town and Alert District. This Board serves as a liaison between the Fire Department, Fire Chief, Town Manager, Town Council, and citizens of the community. The roles and responsibilities of this board are as follows:
- Maintain effective communication between the Town, its citizens, and residents of the Alert District.
- Recommend fire protection and risk management policies for the Knightdale Fire Department.
- Provide recommendations on the development, planning, maintenance, and operation of existing and future facilities that are owned, operated or planned by the Town of Knightdale.
- Promote educational, outreach activities to increase fire prevention and safety awareness.
- Provide insight on policies and practices that aim to promote the Fire Departments’ goal of creating lasting community partnerships.
- Offer recommendations to the Fire Chief and Town Manager with regard to services and practices that impact the community.
- Serve as liaisons to enhance community relations with all stakeholders.
- The Board consists of four residents of the Alert Fire District and four in-town residents.
- Members serve two-year, staggered terms.
- The Board will meet quarterly on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 p.m.
- Board members may not miss more than three meetings within a twelve-month period
Please follow these simple steps to apply for a Citizen Advisory Board.
1. Review the Citizen Advisory Board Code of Ethics.