Splash Pad at Knightdale Station Park
Need a way to cool off this summer? Join us for some fun in the sun this summer at the Splash Pad. There is 2,000 square foot of fun for the kids and kid in you, with an additional 1,500 square foot deck containing two shade structures and benches. The splash pad utilizes a recirculated water pump, which filters and treats water, much like a pool. A decorative fence, that encloses the entire pad and deck, is installed to protect users and the facility.
The Splash Pad will open for the 2019 season on July 19, 2019 and close September 13. Located at Knightdale Station Park, the Splash Pad is open to the public Sunday-Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Free to residents and non-residents.
How the Splash Pad Works
When you visit the Splash Pad, simply press the activator button on top of the yellow pole and the Splash Pad will produce water flow in four-minute cycles.
- Hours of operation- 10:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
- No lifeguards on duty.
- Max capacity of 100 people-if capacity is reached please wait your turn.
- No Running!
- Children under 13 yrs. old should have adult supervision at all times.
- At the first sign of thunder or lightning vacate the area and seek shelter.
- No pets allowed in the splash pad area.
- DO NOT CLIMB ON THE EQUIPMENT.
- Don't drink the splash pad water.
- No glass objects.
- Swim diapers are required for all diaper wearing patrons.
- No bikes, skateboards, or skates allowed.
- This site may close without notice due to maintenance or operational needs.
- If there is an emergency call 911.
- Police assistance for non-emergencies 919-217-2261.
- No motorized or non-motorized vehicles.
IF THE SPLASH PAD ISN'T WORKING IT IS NOT BROKEN!!
Heavy usage will require the system to rest and reset chemical levels to ensure safe water quality. There may be periods during heavy use where PH levels drop below the recommended average. If this occurs the system will shut down until it can correct itself. This process may take up to 1 hour!
Restrooms, playground, picnic shelters, and walking trails on site.
For more information
Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Programs
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.