Tennis and Pickleball Courts at Harper Park
Citizens traveling down Smithfield Road and Main Street have noticed quite a bit of construction at Harper Park. In addition to updating the existing tennis courts to meet the United States Tennis Association (USTA) standards, two new tennis courts, two pickleball courts, and a new bathroom facility.
Harper Park has seen two phases of improvement in the last year, including the renovation of the building in the park which now hosts a Knightdale Police Department substation and the Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department office.
207 Main St. Knightdale NC, 27545
The courts are open to the public sunrise to 10:00 p.m. Court restrooms and vending machines will be accessible 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Lights are accessible every night at 5:00 p.m. Push the large button on the indicator poll to turn on the court lights. A warning light at the top of the indicator poll will come on when lights are programming off. The warning light will give you time to reset the button. Lights will not be available after 10:00 p.m.
The tennis and pickleball courts are ran on a first-come first-serve basis. The tennis courts are only reserved for Town of Knightdale athletic and youth programs. Please check the calendar for availability.
- Tennis shoes only, no other shoes allowed.
- No skateboards, bikes, or skates allowed.
- No food or glass containers allowed on the courts.
- No animals allowed on the courts.
- No motorized or non-motorized vehicles allowed.
- If others are waiting please limit play to (1) game to 11 points or 30 minutes whichever comes first. If more than eight players are in attendance a rotation system should be established to maximize play. (New rule to be implemented Monday, October 21, 2019)
- If there is an emergency call 911.
- Non-emergency police assistance 919-217-2261.
- Parks and Recreation office 919-217-2232 (Monday-Friday 8am-5pm).
Please click the link to be directed to the USAPA Pickleball website for basic rules.