Knightdale Community Pool
202 Milburnie Road Knightdale, NC 27545
Knighdale Community Pool typically open the Friday before Memorial Day and closes the the day after Labor Day.
|Age||Gate Admission||Summer Pass|
|13 and older||$5.00||$100.00|
Entry is CASH ONLY!
Late Admission 5:00pm-close $3.00 (6 and under)
*All youth 12 and under must be directly supervised by a responsible person age 16 or older.
**If purchasing a Summer Pass, familiies of 3 or more will receive 20% off of the individual summer pass rate.
Summer Passes may only be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office, Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. (207 Main St. Knightdale, NC 27545)
Universal Pool Rules
1. No Drinks Allowed In Pool – this includes sitting on the edge. Patrons must be 1 ft
away from edge of pool if they have a drink in hand.
2. No “water wings” – water wings are NOT considered a safety flotation device, and
unfortunately parents often assume them to be.
3. Children who cannot swim in the deep end on their own should never be in the
water without an adult, regardless of any flotation device they may have on.
4. No floats of any type
5. No GLASS!
1. It is the responsibility of each pool goer to become familiar with the State rules that are
posted on the gate as well as these community specific rules. Parents, read these rules and
make sure your kids are fully aware.
2. The posted rules are mandated by the State and failure to be in compliance puts our pool
use permit in jeopardy.
3. Patrons should prepare to clear the pool no later than closing time and clear the premises
no later than 10 minutes after closing. Guards may signal that closing is approaching 10 or
15 minutes prior to the hour so that everyone is ready to exit the pool on time.
4. Adult Swim/Safety Break - Each swim session goes from the top of each hour until 15
minutes before the next hour.When the lifeguard blows the whistle to indicate each break, all swimmers under 18 years of age are to exit both pools immediately.
a. This 15-minute non-lifeguarded time allows for children to use the bathroom
facility, get a drink, etc.
b. During this hourly break, for safety reasons, children are not to sit at the edge of
the pool with their feet/legs in the water. To make this easy, there is a line around
the pool behind which they will stay during breaks, for the entire 15 minutes .
5. The pool deck area is a NON SMOKING environment. No Vaping or tobacco products
SAFETY- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD)
1. Children’s PFD’s may be used in the shallow end of the pool.
2. Each child’s supervisor must be within one arm’s length of any child using a PFD/swimming
3. Swim aids shall only be Coast Guard Certified swim aids (life vests) and must be used as
intended. NO blow-up swim aids (water wings, rafts, floats) will be allowed. Patrons may use any Coast Guard
Certified Type I, II or III personal flotation devices. (See official Coast Guard PFD details).
Thunder Break – If you hear thunder, tell patrons in the pool that there is thunder in the
area and that they must exit the water for 20 minutes. Patrons may stay at the pool
and on deck, but they cannot be within 6 feet of the water.
Lightning Break – If you see lightning you must immediately clear the water and the
pool deck for 30 minutes. If you are already on Thunder Break when you see
lightning, you must clear the pool deck. Encourage patrons to seek shelter. They
may not use the showers.
Knightdale Community Pool managed by Triangle Aquatics LLC