Knightdale Community Pool
IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, KNIGHTDALE COMMUNITY POOL WILL BE OPEN ON SATURDAY, JUNE 13TH.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the State of North Carolina is requiring additional restrictions on public pool usage. Those rules are included below, are an addition to the current pool rules, and should be reviewed and followed by all pool visitors.
COVID-19 UPDATE 6/25/2020
KNIGHTDALE COMMUNITY POOL RULES
- Maximum in the pool of 46 guests at any time.
- Maximum in the facility of 96 guests at any time (gate attendant will cut off after this number and first in first out after that).
- Snack Bar will be closed.
- No Pool Parties.
- Guests can bring their own pool toys, but they cannot share with members outside of their own household. No floats allowed.
- Lifeguards are at the pool to monitor safety, not to enforce social distancing.
- Pool guests are responsible for following social distancing and safety guidelines
* Wear a face covering when entering and leaving the facility.
* Wear a face covering when using the restroom or locker room facilities.
* Remain six feet from others, who do not reside in their household, at all times. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the facility.
* Wear a face covering when social distancing of six feet or greater is not possible.
* Stay home if you have COVID-like symptoms or are concerned you were exposed to someone in the last 14 days with symptoms.
* Wash your hands frequently, including upon arrival at the pool.
* Pool furniture has been placed in groups for appropriate social distancing. Pool furniture may not be moved.
* We advise against wearing face coverings while in the pool for safety reasons.
* All lost and found items will be discarded at the end of every day.
- Children must be 16 or over AND able to practice appropriate social distancing to enter the pool without a parent or guardian.
If you, or anyone in your household, are currently exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms as described by the CDC then you MAY NOT ENTER THE FACILITY. If you, or anyone that you have been in contact with, has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, YOU MAY NOT ENTER THE FACILITY.
No ownership entity or operator of this aquatic facility shall be responsible for preventing the spread of bacteria, germs or viruses throughout this facility or grounds including those related to the COVID-19 disease.
Upon entering the premises, you have assumed the inherent risk of coming in contact with and contracting the COVID-19 virus and disease. The facility is open for you to use AT YOUR OWN RISK.
It is asked of you, while on these premises, to exercise social distancing as currently defined and recommended by the CDC.
All guests of this facility are responsible for sanitizing surfaces that they touch, as well as social distancing within this facility and on these premises. All guests of this facility are responsible for using personal protective equipment as recommended by the CDC. No staff member or owner of this facility shall be responsible for ensuring compliance with social distancing recommendations on this premises.
Due to the nature of this facility, this premises may not be sanitized to the extent that would eliminate the spread of COVID-19. The facility is open for you to use at your own risk. Please help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following these set rules and guidelines.
202 Milburnie Road Knightdale, NC 27545
Knightdale Community Pool typically opens the Friday before Memorial Day and closes the day after Labor Day.
Hours of Operation
|June 13-August 23||Monday-Friday||11-6:30 pm|
|August 24-September 7||Monday-Friday||3-6:30 pm|
|Gate Admission||**Summer Pass|
|13 and older||$5.00||$6.00||$100.00||$110.00|
Entry is CASH ONLY!
Late Admission 5:00pm-close $3.00 (6 and under)
*All youth 12 and under must be directly supervised by a responsible person age 16 or older.
**If purchasing a Summer Pass, families of 3 or more will receive 20% off of the individual summer pass rate.
Summer Passes may only be purchased at the Parks and Recreation office, Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. (207 Main St. Knightdale, NC 27545)
Universal Pool Rules
1. No Drinks Allowed In Pool – this includes sitting on the edge. Patrons must be 1 ft
away from the edge of the pool if they have a drink in hand.
2. No “water wings” – water wings are NOT considered a safety flotation device, and
unfortunately parents often assume them to be.
3. Children who cannot swim in the deep end on their own should never be in the
water without an adult, regardless of any flotation device they may have on.
4. No floats of any type
5. No GLASS!
1. It is the responsibility of each pool goer to become familiar with the State rules that are
posted on the gate as well as these community-specific rules. Parents, please read these rules and make sure your kids are fully aware.
2. The posted rules are mandated by the State and failure to be in compliance puts our pool
use permit in jeopardy.
3. Patrons should prepare to clear the pool no later than closing time and clear the premises
no later than 10 minutes after closing. Guards may signal that closing is approaching 10 or
15 minutes prior to the hour so that everyone is ready to exit the pool on time.
4. Adult Swim/Safety Break - Each swim session goes from the top of each hour until 15
minutes before the next hour. When the lifeguard blows the whistle to indicate each break, all swimmers under 18 years of age are to exit both pools immediately.
a. This 15-minute non-lifeguarded time allows children to use the bathroom
facility, get a drink, etc.
b. During this hourly break, for safety reasons, children are not to sit at the edge of
the pool with their feet/legs in the water. To make this easy, there is a line around
the pool behind which they will stay during breaks, for the entire 15 minutes.
5. The pool deck area is a NON SMOKING environment. No Vaping or tobacco products
SAFETY- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD)
1. Children’s PFD’s may be used in the shallow end of the pool.
2. Each child’s supervisor must be within one arm’s length of any child using a PFD/swimming
3. Swim aids shall only be Coast Guard Certified swim aids (life vests) and must be used as
intended. NO blow-up swim aids (water wings, rafts, floats) will be allowed. Patrons may use any Coast Guard
Certified Type I, II or III personal flotation devices. (See official Coast Guard PFD details).
Thunder Break – If you hear thunder, tell patrons in the pool that there is thunder in the
area and that they must exit the water for 20 minutes. Patrons may stay at the pool
and on deck, but they cannot be within 6 feet of the water.
Lightning Break – If you see lightning you must immediately clear the water and the
pool deck for 30 minutes. If you are already on Thunder Break when you see
lightning, you must clear the pool deck. Encourage patrons to seek shelter. They
may not use the showers.
Knightdale Community Pool managed by Triangle Aquatics LLC