Development Review Committee
The Development Review Committee (DRC) is responsible for reviewing development plans to ensure adherence to the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO). The DRC meets as needed on the second and fourth Thursday morning of each month at 8:30 a.m. in the Knightdale Town Council Chambers.
The DRC is charged with the following tasks:
- Approve or deny the preliminary plat subdivision or site plan.
- Recommend changes to the preliminary plat or site plan.
- Conditionally approve preliminary plats or site plans.
- Table the preliminary plat or site plan for further study or additional information.
- Forward the preliminary plat or site plan to the Town Council for further consideration.
The Development Review Committee is chaired by the Development Services Director and consists of the following additional members:
- Two Development Services Department Representatives
- Two Town Council members as non-voting, ex officio members
Councilor Pete Mangum
Mayor Pro Tempore Randy Young
- Town Fire Chief or Designee
- One Public Works Department Representative
- One Parks and Recreation Department Representative
- Town Engineer or Designee
- Town Manager
Senior Planner - Current